Saturday, February 18, 2006

Commemoration of Martin Luther, Doctor and Confessor


This is from Martin Luther himself: "A penitent heart is a rare thing and a great grace; one cannot produce it by thinking about sin and hell. Only the Holy Spirit can impart it."

Repentance was the heart of Dr. Luther's teaching which comes from the very heart of God: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts; And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:24

What more can we say? We must always have a repentent heart before God and ready to go with Him to life everlasting. Are you repentent and ready?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I very much enjoy your blog. The bible verses you gave me are some of my favorites, too. I appreciate the reminder! I am inspired by your posts and look forward to hearing more.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Rebecca! I appreciate your kind words and putting me on as one of your links!! I am really enjoying your posts as well. Look for my toffee recipe in the next day or two. It is a very easy recipe to make and SO delicious!!

TKls2myhrt said...

Hi from Katie's Beer! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. I've seen your name on comments and wondered who you are. I also LOVE Lucy and have for as long as I can remember. Very cool blog theme! So, do I know who your blogging husband is??? I'm so curious!

Lutheran Lucy said...

Yes, TK, you do know who my blogging husband is. He is "Mr. Humorous" himself. We sure have a lot of fun around our house!