Friday, March 31, 2006

One Author's Top Ten Episodes of I Love Lucy










"Job Switching" (Episode #36, 9/15/52)
"The Operetta" (Episode #40, 10/13/52)
"Lucy Does a TV Commercial" (Episode #30, 5/5/52)
"Lucy Is Enceinte" (Episode #45, 12/8/52)
"Lucy Goes to the Hospital" (Episode #51, 1/19/53)
"L.A. At Last" (Episode #114, 2/7/55)
"Lucy Tells the Truth" (Episode #72, 11/9/53)
"Harpo Marx" (Episode #125, 5/9/55)
Lucy Does the Tango" (Episode #173, 3/11/57)
"Lucy's Show Biz Swan Song" (Episode #47, 12/22/52)

These are ranked in order of preference by Geoffrey Mark Fidelman, author of The Lucy Book. Would any of these episodes be on your top ten list? Episodes #36, #30, #114, and #173 would definitely be on mine!

6 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

I think he should have included that one where Lucy and Ethel hitchhike to Florida and then come to believe their driver is a killer on the lam.

And also that one where the ladies try to build a barbecue pit.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Well, of all the Mattel Lucy dolls that have been made, 5 of them are on this list, so I'd say that's a pretty good list. My sister-in-law has most of the Mattel dolls and displays them on her "Lucy shrine", a table covered with and surrounded by Lucy dolls, mugs, books, videos, etc. She has been a Lucy fan for, wow, about 10 years or so now! Lutheran Lucy, I need to find out how to get a link to my blog on my profile, but here is a link: Barb the Evil Genius.

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks to my husband and family, I have a good collection of pictures, memorabilia, and a Lucy doll (from the "L.A. At Last" episode)! Of course, we have oodles and oodles of books, videos and a few DVDs too. Does your sister-in-law have a good collection of Lucy books and videos as well?

Thanks for the link to your blog - I am anxious to check it out! :) Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Scottius, I agree with you! Those are great episodes in addition to the John Wayne ones! :)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Yes, my sister-in-law has quite a few Lucy books and videos. She has videos from some of Lucy's other shows too, like "The Lucy Show." She's even visited Lucy's birthplace.

Lutheran Lucy said...

Hi Barb! I am sorry for not responding sooner! Thank you for your comment! That is really neat that your sister-in-law was able to go to Jamestown, New York! That is a lifelong dream of mine!! :) We do have some DVDs of The Lucy Show too which was good too. I Love Lucy is still my favorite though!

Blessings!