Monday, June 19, 2006

Collect from Holy Trinity Sunday








Yes, I am a week behind in posting this Collect of the Day for Holy Trinity Sunday; however, I wanted to post it just the same. We take the Holy Trinity for granted. Well, I should say that I have taken it for granted because I have always known about it since I was a little girl. However, there are some people who call themselves Christians who argue against the validity of the Trinity. They are starting off on the wrong foot and the wrong track to get to heaven.

Almighty and everlasting God, since you have given us, your servants, grace to acknowledge the glory of the eternal Trinity by the confession of a true faith, and to worship the true Unity in the power of your divine majesty, keep us also steadfast in this true faith and worship, and defend us ever from all our adversaries; for you, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, live and reign, one God, now and forever. Amen.

Be sure to check out my husband's post, Scottius Maximus, on The Athanasian Creed from Holy Trinity Sunday as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ho Hum