Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lutheran Lucy Becomes a Cowgirl?

Well, it was good to go on vacation to see my family out West and to also go with our son on our church youth group trip, but it is so nice to be back home and settled in once again with my dear Scottius. There were a lot of highlights to our trip, but one in particular was horseback riding. I now own cowgirl boots which is a thrill! (I do need to break them in just a little bit though! :) ) Anyway, I was able to go horseback riding a couple of times which makes my grand total of going about five or six times. (It helped that my sister-in-law gave me a little riding lesson the week before.) This last time of riding on a trail with our youth group was probably the most relaxing to me. Of course, I wasn't too thrilled when Lady, my horse, would try to go too far to the sides of the trail which allowed me the thrill of brushing against trees and bushes! Once I learned how to keep her from doing that she and I did just fine. I am just thankful that I didn't brush against any poison ivy. I don't need any skin problems at the moment! :) When do I ever need poison ivy or skin problems though? Anyway, I even trotted a little which is a big step for me! I don't know if I will ever be galloping material or become a full-blooded cowgirl though!! :)

7 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

Skin problems? You?

Barb the Evil Genius said...

You have that skin that goes with red hair, huh?

So did Lucy Ricardo ever ride horseback? I bet that would be/was a funny episode!

I've been waiting to hear about your trip up north! Was hoping to see some more pics also, but I guess cowboy boots will have to do.

Rick said...

If you like horses, Schreiber von Schreiber's daughter is the Die Hard Equestrian, and writes a great blog. The address is: http://diehardequestrian.blogspot.com/

Sorry, I haven't mastered the ability to create a link in a comment yet. :-(

Rick

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Try this:

I'm going to share my valuable HTML resource with you (my husband found it for me, although he's also a great HTML resource!): HTML tags

Lutheran Lucy said...

Yes Scottius dear, you have had to suffer my skin problems with me, haven't you? Now don't go into denial on me!! :)

Barb, I will try to share some information about the trip!

Rick, I will have to check out this blog about horses. Don't worry, I am just learning about computer techniques too! Scottius and Barb know I need a lot of help! :) I don't know what I would do without my honey's expertise with the computer!

Rick said...

Barb, thanks for the help. I think I know what I've been doing incorrectly.

Lucy, I'm supposed to be the tech-head in my family. Oy Vay!

Lutheran Lucy said...

Well, come on Rick! You can figure these things out!! :)