Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Lucy's World

My dear sweet husband, Scottius, will probably roll his eyes when he takes a look at the title of this post because he knows all too well what goes on in Lucy's world! :) Oh well, we have a lot of fun!!

Anyway, I haven't been able to make too many posts these days as I am very busy with home-schooling and trying to give school all I got this year. Our dear son is growing up and approaching college age so quickly so college prep is one of my top priorities (besides God and dear Scottius of course).

Also, we are starting to fill out applications for adoption grants which can be quite time-consuming! I never realized how many organizations actually provide adoption grants until we started our adoption a couple of years ago. Therefore, for people who think that money is an issue for adoption, I am here to say that God does provide many ways to help a family with the funding of adoptions. The $10,000 tax credit is very much a blessing as well; however, the adoption has to be final before the tax credit can obviously take effect.

As far as the actual adoption goes, most likely we will be adopting a little boy. Only little girls with special needs are available for international adoptions because the baby girls are being adopted domestically. In essence it seems that little boys are not wanted in South Korea, totally opposite of China. After the 1st of the year, newborn Korean babies will be put on a roster list for 6 months in order to give South Koreans opportunities to adopt these babies. Any babies not adopted will then be placed on a list for families like us who want to adopt these sweeties. This will mean that most likely our little boy will be closer to 10 - 12 months old before we get him. Prior to this upcoming change, families could get their babies anywhere from 5 - 12 months old. Although we would love to get our baby at a much younger age, we are thankful that at least he will receive foster care for his time in Korea and not be placed in an orphanage.

Now for the names, our son and dear Scottius think that Angus would be a great name for our little one! Me? I like the name Daniel! I would imagine that most people would think of a cow whenever they hear the name Angus. Of course,there is the possibility that they may also think of Angus Young from ACDC. I do think he is talented, and I do like a few of their songs. However, I would rather not put our son through the questioning of why he was named Angus!:) All kidding aside, they just like to get me frazzled and tease me. At least, I think they are teasing!!! :)

6 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

That's interesting that more boys than girls tend to be adopted out of South Korea. I know God will work all things out for good for the Scottius family and their future member. How about Fergus? A good Scottish name that doesn't remind one of cattle? ;) Or Bruce, or Ian?

Anonymous said...

I personally prefer Angus. Or Spock. Those are two great names I think. Since you won't name the baby after your hero Mick Jagger.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

I think that's wonderful! We know a couple at church who have adopted four children - one from the States and three from Russia.

Lutheran Lucy said...

Hi Barb! I really like the name Ian! That's cute! When you say Bruce, it reminds me of BraveHeart about Sir William Wallace and Bruce! Did you read the Henty book about them? Anyway, thank you for your kind wishes and prayers! God's hand is upon us through this whole process!

Anonymous, you just won't let the name Angus rest will you? Now we can't name the baby Spock, or he'll have a complex about his ears!! :) Mick as a name? You definitely know better than that!! No way!!!! Mick, my hero? Hardly! :) lol And when are you going to bless us with creating your own blog?

Des_Moines_Girl, thanks for the comment! Yes, it is a blessing for all of us families who are able to adopt. How is this family at your church doing? We have a friend (who is single) and has four adopted Russian kids under the age of six!! :)

Genuine Lustre said...

Lucy - best wishes as you pursue this wonderful dream! What an adventure.

We know a Scottish man name Malcolm - nicknamed Malkie. Scottish names are great!

Lutheran Lucy said...

Hi Polly! Sorry for my slowness in commenting! Thank you for your kind words! Actually the name Malcom has been tossed about. It has been fun talking about the various names and will be interesting to see what we finally decide! :