Friday, September 08, 2006

Not Such a Bad Show After All






















When I was a little girl, I hated Star Trek. I guess that it was too far out for me and too much into the future. Anyway, here it is the 40th anniversary of the show, and I can appreciate it much better now. It is a good show that our family can watch together and enjoy the humor, especially when it comes to Spock. So ... I think we will be watching quite a few episodes this weekend and taping as many as we can as well!!

Isn't it amazing how things we don't like at first can grow on us?

4 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

Luce!

There weren't enough fires in the show for you to like it then.

Lutheran Lucy said...

I think you're right dear! :) Ha! Ha!

Anonymous said...

If I recall a certain person that I know at one time didn't like................... (drum roll please..... thank you)

Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
The Beatles
The Beach Boys
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Van Halen

shall I go on?

Okay I won't that's enough to send you to Purgatory for about....... 1,000 years. I don't want to increase the sentence anymore....... or maybe I do? lol.

Lutheran Lucy said...

Yes Anonymous, you are correct! It is funny how all of these movies,shows and musical groups have grown on me! If my memory serves me correctly it seems that a certain young man I know has the same tendency to not like change at first and then embraces it quite willingly when he sees that "it" really isn't "that bad"! :)

I am glad for these changes!! Change can be good!