Monday, September 04, 2006









What a man of adventure Steve Irwin was, and how he entertained us with his daring acts with those dangerous crocodiles, snakes, and other animals! We used to watch him on television all the time when our son was younger. Even though we no longer watched his shows (too many reruns), he will still be GREATLY missed! I pray that he was a Christian though I never heard him talk about Christ. May his wife Terry, their children, Steve's dad, and others so close to him be comforted by God's truth. I would imagine that most of us around the world knew that this day would come although not through a freakish accident with a stingray; a crocodile yes, but not a stingray!!

2 comments:

Des_Moines_Girl said...

I've been watching interviews with his friends and they all say the same thing. He was the same off camera as he was on. He wasn't playing a "character", he was being himself. I think that is rare with celebrities these days.

I think deep down we all knew, given the nature of his profession, he probably wasn't going to die peacefully in his bed of old age but it is still a shock! And he was so young! I heard someone say on the news he had a lot of adventures left in him.

I don't know if he knew Christ or not. I hope he did. Wouldn't it be something to sit and chat with him by the pearly gates?

Scottius Maximus said...

I have been watching some of the interviews too which have been interesting. Yes, he was definitely unique, and it would be neat to see him in heaven someday. This is yet another reminder that each of our lives are fragile and can be gone in a second. We must always be repentent and be ready to be with Christ. I pray that he was.
Thanks for your comments des_moines_girl! I will keep your daughter in my prayers! Blessings!