Monday, May 15, 2006

A Mother's Prayer



Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!!



A Mother'
s Prayer
By Ruth Simrall Mackoy

Make me a wise mother, O Lord. Keep me calm and give me patience to bear the small irritating things in life's daily routine.

Give me tolerance and understanding to bridge the gulf which exists between my generation and that of my children.

Help me to bear silently the physical and mental pain of those whom I love by reminding me that only through suffering may they understand the distress of others.

Let me be not too ready to guide my children's stumbling feet, but allow me to be ever near to bind up their bruises.

Give me a sense of humor that I may laugh with them but never at them.

Let me refrain from preaching with words. Keep me from forcing their confidence, but give me a sympathetic ear when they seek me out.

Help me to teach them that life must not be filled with compromises, but it should be replete with victories.

Keep my children close to me, O Lord, though miles may separate us. And let thy light so shine upon me that they, too, will see thy glory.

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Are you happy or frustrated waiting for your newest blessing to arrive? Maybe a mixture of both?

Lutheran Lucy said...

Thanks for asking Barb. I am actually content for the most part and am enjoying our family each day. There are times I get anxious and frustrated,but I trust it will all happen in God's timing. I use to wish my time away until a few years ago. Now I realize how we have to just take one day at a time and enjoy life.