Monday, July 31, 2006

Another Luther Saying ...















"The truth is mightier than eloquence, the Spirit greater than the genius, faith more than education."

To me this is very encouraging as a home-schooling mother, but I would think it would be encouraging for all parents. The greatest gift we can give our children is the gift of faith. With the help of Christ, we must give them a good, solid foundation in Jesus Christ first and foremost for they need to know how to survive in this land as Pilgrims. We Christians are but strangers in this world; this is not our home. Our children do need education, but above all else they, like us, need truth, wisdom, discernment, strength, and grace from God's Word to get them home safely to heaven.

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I know you're correct, Lucy, but I still have these other feelings. Such as, I want my daughters to be able to support themselves. And I want to help them discover their interests and pursue their goals while they are still young. I suppose part of my concern is that neither my parents nor my in-laws really did that with myhusband and I. My parents fit myself and my one sister into molds and left us to sink or swim. Would you believe I never really started sewing until I was married and my husband encouraged me? I did try to sew as a child, but my mother was at best tolerantly amused by it. Sorry to dump on your blog, but I do have these concerns.

Lutheran Lucy said...

Hi Barb! I am afraid that I didn't express myself very clearly so I am going to make another post in regards to this post. You are not dumping on my blog so don't even think twice about it! :)