Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lucy's Birthday


One of my dreams is for Scottius Maximus to take me to the Lucy-Desi Museum in Jamestown, New York, Lucy's hometown. The first weekend in August is a big celebration of Lucy's birthday which was on August 6, 1911! Check it out here: The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center, Inc.

Did you know that all the cars on one of the freeways in California just stopped when Lucy's death had been announced? Many people had to dry their eyes from crying. Do you remember that day? I was deeply saddened and remember watching Nightline that night about her life. She was the best!!


NOTE: As Barb the evil Genius mentions in one of her posts about Superman though, people must be careful to not idolize other people. There is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD. I know that I have to remember this about Lucy and many of the old stars from the good old days!

3 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

Those eyelashes are fabulous.

I remember when she died -- stunning in the same way Bing Crosby's death was -- an end of the era with these people who were fixtures of our childhoods.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

What a lovely picture and a lovely couple! Too bad they didn't make it as a couple. :( I've told you my sister has been to Jamestown and loves it, but then it's a lot shorter trip for her. She lives in Ohio close to the Pennsylvania border.

Lutheran Lucy said...

Yes Polly, I agree with you, many of us were stunned when Lucy, Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Bob Hope,and many others died. I loved them all! In my opinion, there are very few stars that are even half as good as these good old movie stars!! We love watching old shows and movies with them!

Barb, I wish they could have made it too. From all that I have read, they really loved each other. However, they just didn't know how to work out their problems through counseling, etc. They were so cute together!

I wish I lived as close to the museum as your sister! :)