Saturday, August 12, 2006

I had this posted and do not know how it got back to a draft! Oh Lucy!!






Book Meme

Barb the evil genius has tagged me for this little questionnaire.

1. One book that changed your life: The Bible has definitely transformed me in a most miraculous way and will continue to change me throughout my life. I would be totally lost without it. Wouldn't we all be lost? Besides the Bible, I would have to say that the one life-changing book would be For Better or Best, Understand Your Man by Gary Smalley. Although I do not agree with some of his theology, I did learn to apply a few life-changing ideas which helped me see my husband in a much different way. Now our pastor would probably say that this is a "how to book", but it still has some value in it. It helped me to appreciate my husband and understand why he may think and do things differently than me.

2. One book that you ha’ve read more than once: This book would have to be Gone With the Wind which I read two or three times back in high school.

3. One book you woul’d want on a desert island: Besides my Bible, I would want to have Love Lucy, an autobiography of Lucille Ball or a good biography of Lucy.

4. One book that made you laugh: It was a book about Lucy.


5. One book that made you cry: The book, The Other Side of the Mountain, written about Jill Kinmont who was an Olympic skier from the '50s, was definitely a good book but a tear jerker.

6. One book that you wish had been written: I wish there would be a fast reading book (and not too lengthy) about time management. I know that there are books on this subject. I just need a little one with a few good tips.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: This would have to be the first book of the Left Behind series, Left Behind. This is a book (and all its sequels) that has brought and will continue to bring mass confusion about the end times.

8. The book you are currently reading: I am currently reading two books at the time so I must mention them both. One is The Book of Concord, and the other is Answer to Anxiety by Herman Glockel. The latter is a book I wrote a post on a few months ago.

9. One book you ha’ve been meaning to read: Actually I have "been meaning to read" an A Beka history book for quite some time now to brush up on my history a little more.

10. Now tag five people:
Scottius Maximus, Favorite Apron

No comments: