Monday, January 30, 2006

Lawn Mower Dejavu

Lucy tearing through the little Connecticut town and countryside on the lawn mower loaned to the Ricardos by the Ramseys, their next door neighbors, brings back a memory of my "riding lawn mower" days in my early teens!! Oh my!! Though this redhead didn't damage any prize winning tulips or landscape, she did hurt her pride! I can only imagine what my dad must have thought when he saw his "little girl" (of 13 years) stuck in the grape arbor because she couldn't reach the shift to put the lawnmower back into drive! He probably thought, "Oh here she goes again! How will I get her out of this one?"

Anyway, I was literally pinned against the wires of the arbor and honestly thought I would lose my head before it was all over! It was a scary moment let me tell you. But my dad saved the day and his daughter by having me jump off very carefully so that he could catch the mower and then put it back into forward gear!! It was a little scary jumping off because I didn't want to lose my feet either!! If I recall I never did ride that riding lawn mower again! That one experience was enough for me! Have any of you had any similar experiences? Oh well, it is always good to have a good laugh at yourself, right?

2 comments:

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Never disaster like that, but there was a summer when I mowed my neighbor's lawn, which included a fairly steep drop towards the cliff overlooking the lake. Let's just say that I was extra careful.

Lutheran Lucy said...

That would have been really scary (actually scarier than my situation). I bet you were really praying!! Thank you for sharing that! Blessings!